Get Started

Contact Us For A Consultation

Have a question? We're here to help. Send us a message and we'll be in touch.

If you have received a NOID, you must respond within the 30-day time frame. It will take time to review your application and collect the additional evidence you need, so you will want to start working on your response as soon as possible. If USCIS does not receive your Notice of Intent to Deny response in 30 days, your immigration petition will be denied.

notice of intent to denyIt is best to make a copy of your NOID shortly after you receive it. Since you will need to submit your NOID along with your response, you would want to take precautions to make sure you do not lose the document. A copy will also allow you to reference your NOID and confirm that you have everything you need.

From there, you should work to gather the requested evidence. Your response should address all of the issues outlined in the NOID. Ideally, you should send USCIS a response letter and documents verifying your eligibility. There are no restrictions on the types of documents that you can submit, and it is generally best to provide as much evidence as possible.

Your response must be sent to USCIS by the specified deadline. If there is evidence you have been unable to collect in that period, like a birth or marriage certificate, you should submit your response without all the necessary evidence. In your response letter, you should explain why any missing evidence has not been provided. You can also provide a letter from the government agency issuing the document explaining it unavailability (if that is factually indeed the case.) Keep in mind that you have to make every effort to get all the requested information otherwise, risk a denial.

Naperville Immigration Attorneys Can Help You

Immigration law is complex and finding the evidence you need for your NOID response is not always easy. That is why it is best to work with a Naperville, IL, immigration attorney with extensive experience with NOIDs. Your lawyer will be able to provide you with valuable advice and guidance throughout this process.

When you work with a lawyer, you can ask questions and get more information on the evidence needed to address USCIS’s concerns. Your lawyer will be able to help you source the required documentation as quickly as possible. Since some documentation may have to be sourced from third parties, time is of the essence.

While collecting evidence is essential, the response letter is also crucial. Your attorney can create an effective cover letter explaining the new evidence submitted and outlining revisions made to documents. This can increase your chances of a successful response.

If your immigration petition is denied, an immigration attorney can help you find other options. You may be able to appeal the decision, reopen the case, or pursue other immigration options. No matter what you choose to do, you will have support throughout this process.

If you have received a Notice of Intent to Deny, reach out to Kasturi Law LLC as soon as possible. We can answer your questions and help you to submit a proper response to your notice within USCIS’s provided time frame. Call us at 630-392-8101 to schedule a free consultation with an immigration lawyer.


Recent Articles

US immigration application and consular visa interview

My Immigrant Visa Case Is Stuck in Administrative Processing? What Should I Do?

Sep 22, 2023
The process of acquiring an immigrant visa can be complex and intimidating, especially when encountering the term “administrative processing.” Many applicants find themselves stuck at this stage, wondering what it means and how to proceed. This article will provide an insightful understanding of administrative processing, how long it typically takes, why an immigrant visa might […]
Read More
application to register permanent residence or adjust status form and green card

I Want to Apply for Adjustment of Status (Green Card). Do I Need a Lawyer?

Sep 15, 2023
Embarking on the journey through the labyrinth of immigration law can be daunting, especially if you’re not intimately familiar with the system. The processes are replete with intricacies, the jargon used is often perplexing, and the consequences of even a minor error can be dramatic. As you prepare to apply for an adjustment of status, […]
Read More
K-1 VISA united states of america white gold ring with diamond

I Want to Apply for a K-1 Visa: Do I Need a Lawyer?

Sep 08, 2023
Deciding to marry a non-U.S. citizen is a major milestone. With it comes the bureaucratic labyrinth that is the U.S. immigration process. At the heart of this journey is the K-1 Visa, often referred to as the fiancé visa. The process may appear straightforward, but it can be surprisingly complex, leading many to question: “Do […]
Read More
US citizenship and immigration services on flag of united states of america

I Received an N-14. Should I Hire a Lawyer?

Sep 01, 2023
The path to U.S. citizenship is a journey through an intricate maze of laws, processes, and paperwork. Each step taken is a pivotal decision, leading you either closer to your dream or into a complex web of legal hurdles. The receipt of an N-14 Form marks one such decisive intersection in this journey. This document, […]
Read More
letter or document with unexpected news from african boss

I Received a NOID. Should I Hire a Lawyer to Respond?

Aug 25, 2023
You’ve gone through the rigorous and meticulous process of filing an immigration application, only to receive a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). A wave of uncertainty and confusion washes over you. You are left wondering, “What is a NOID?” and “Should I hire an immigration lawyer […]
Read More

I Received an RFE. Should I Hire a Lawyer to Respond?

Aug 11, 2023
Receiving a Request for Evidence (RFE) from USCIS can be a nerve-wracking experience. An RFE, also known as a request for evidence, is a notification from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicating the need for additional evidence to process an immigration application. If you’re wondering whether you need the services of an immigration […]
Read More
Show More
CALL US 630-392-8101